Biometric identification can greatly benefit hospitals due to higher number of identification procedures performed than other healthcare setups. With Biolife biometric systems doctors are able to unlock computers with our fingerprint readers, or face reader to ensure no one else has access to view patients’ information.
Healthcare professional have to spare a lot of time on identification, record keeping and retrieval of patient records. This valuable time could actually be spent providing care and treatment to other patients.
- In order to comply with Taiwanese government’s standard of patience waiting time , and to ensure doctors are being punctual, instead of using password doctors needs to clock in with fingerprint reader to turn on the computer before they see the patients. The reason why password isn’t the best method for doctors to clock in is because most of the time doctors would ask nurses to enter the password for them to clock in. Patience wait time reduced after fingerprint sensor implemented.
- Secure patience information: Using fingerprint or facial recognition to retrieve patient data. Protects patients information by making sure the right personnel and access over their information.
3. Time and attendance: Use USB fingerprint reader or fingerprint/facial recognition time clock to clock in, prevent buddy punching, and time theft.
- Check in and out with fingerprint for meetings
- Training: Using portable biometric time clock in training sessions to make sure there’s no buddy punching for trainings
- Depending on the facilities, sometimes doctors or nurses have discount for their meal plans, they can check in with their fingerprint or face to receive discount.
7.Fingerprint access control